Sabin Vision Statement
Sabin World Elementary School, an International Baccalaureate World School, is an inclusive and diverse community of lifelong learners, preparing academically and socially skilled citizens of today to be ready for post-secondary education and to meet the challenges of a global tomorrow.
What makes Sabin stand out from other schools?
Sabin is one of just three public elementary schools in Denver to offer the distinguished International Baccalaureate Primary Years Program – for all students, from early childhood through fifth grade.
What do parents have to say about students at Sabin?
- “… on the way to success!”
- “…very caring and knowledgeable.”
- “…inquisitive and learn how to research problems and ideas.”
- “…students that show a lot of effort. Everyone is trying.”
- “…very smart, outgoing and they really know what they are doing.”
- “…informed, articulate and excited about learning.”
- “…dedicated, thinking and researching about important and major issues facing the world.”
- “…knowledgeable, diverse and open to exploring the world around us!”
Knowledgeable and Dedicated Teachers
- Sabin World School is dedicated and experienced teachers are specially trained in IB education and best practices to provide students with exceptional learning opportunities.
- Our staff receives ongoing, rigorous professional development from IB and Denver Public Schools to ensure teachers understand and implement best practices in curriculum and teaching techniques to help all students succeed.
- Our teachers average more than 11 years of experience in the classroom.
- A majority of our teachers have master’s degrees.
- Our staff is composed of caring adults who connect with students on personal level.
- The Sabin World program prepares students to succeed throughout their education and beyond.
- All students study Spanish as a second language (K-5).
- Students put their learning into action through service to the school or community.
- Arts, music, physical education and SmartLab classes are offered for all students.
Safe Learning Environment
- Sabin World School offers a safe, caring learning environment.
- Sabin’s Positive Behavior Supports (PBS) program for student conduct meshes with the IB learner profile to create a cohesive set of expectations around appropriate attitudes and behaviors.
- Sabin promotes a safe, respectful environment through learning how to demonstrate, respectful, responsible, safe and honest behavior.
- The high standards of behavior create a safe environment where learning can flourish.
- Half-day Early Childhood Education for 3-year-olds
- Half-day Early Childhood Education for 4-year-olds
- Full-day kindergarten classes for 5-year-olds
- Focus on literacy through readers workshop for 90 minutes and writers workshop for 60 minutes each day
- Everyday Mathematics program to build strong basic math skills
- After-school activities such as cooking club, ballet, art club and much more
- Student Council
- Transportation for students living in Denver
- Discovery Link Before & After School Care